Ahmedat January 29,2015 this video shows how great back track is, i think all penetration testers and crime investigators should use backtrack or the newer version which is called kali, it has almost all the advanced tools needed for Monitoring the IT infrastructure and also handy tools for performing crime investigations.
JSahm151at February 04,2015 Back Track is a very useful tool for penetration testing and forensic investigations. It includes a lot of very good free tools like hex editors, network analyzers and password cracking tools. Kali Linux is the updated version of Back Track that includes updated tools. Its nice to be able to use one tool for everything.
Jmurray8at February 08,2015 Gathering information using Backtrack
• A Great introductory discussion of vulnerability tools
• An excellent synopsys of tools and application
• Information analysis and vulnerability assessment -
• Uses Maltego as a advisable tool - used to find interrelationships of data
• Moves on to ARPing and NMAP – determines how soft the network is. – how to show weaknesses for a client